Recent Cleaning Posts
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Upper Bucks today at 215-536-7989 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Selling Your Home?
An insightful, 2012 article by the New York Times suggests that cleaning your home before selling it increases your chances of acquiring the sale. The article refers to, Ginger Brokaw, a senior vice president at Town Residential real estate in Manhattan, and why she says getting your home as clean as possible “is absolutely something of the greatest importance.”
“I’ve seen the response of people walking into a home that hasn’t been cleaned, staged or prepared for showings, and one that has,” she says, “the difference is night and day.”
To enhance your chances of closing the sale, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will help you get an edge in the market by determining the extent of your property’s damages and to remove harmful bacteria and odors from your property.
Don’t run the risk of selling a dirty home — call your local professionals at SERVPRO for all of your cleaning and restoration needs!
Content By: Rob D’Emilio
Combatting the Flu
The winter season guarantees cold temperatures and inclement weather, but sicknesses, like the flu, unfortunately strives during this time. According to an article published by CNBC in 2018, an estimated 80,000 people died of the flu during the 2017 winter season. With a staggering statistic such as this, it is imperative that you do part in helping to prevent the spread of flu and other germs in your homes and businesses. To help you with these efforts, you can depend on your local SERVPRO franchise to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents following restoration industry standards.
From using EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants to utilizing our trained technicians to clean your HVAC and duct systems — which help reduce the risk of circulating harmful contaminants — SERVPRO is dedicated to fighting the spread of flu germs in hopes that the accumulating death toll ceases to rise.
- Content by Rob D'Emilio Jr.
Commercial Cleaning Services
Emergencies can strike at any time! SERVPRO is here to help.
Residential vs. Commercial
To start, water, fire, mold or any other type of damage to any building is never expected or hoped for. However, when these disasters do happen, they affect a business differently than they affect a homeowner.
When an emergency strikes a business, there are numerous things the owner must consider; Are my employees going to be okay? Will they make it through this tough time? How long will my business remain closed and therefore non-profitable? When will I be able to re-open?
Many of these questions can be unnerving and simply too much for a business owner to deal with. In fact, 50% of businesses may never recover after they have suffered a disaster.
To shed some hope though, the SERVPRO of Upper Bucks team is highly trained and equipped to deal with any emergency, any time of the day and any size. We will work diligently to ensure any business can re-open and get back on track.
If you are a business owner and find yourself amidst an emergency situation, call SERVPRO of Upper Bucks: (215)-536-7989.
Ho! Ho! Puff?: A Cold Weather Dilemma
What look like gigantic spider webs are actually soot webs caused by a puff back!
Crank up the heat! The colder weather is upon us and your heaters are soon going to be roaring back to life. For many of us, our heating systems will turn on flawlessly and get to work toasting our freezing feet. But for many others, the consequences of having left your heater sit unattended and inactive throughout the warm-weather months; can leave you with a costly and time-consuming mess.
Puff Backs are a result of a misfiring in your furnace. This misfire causes an explosion of soot and debris that shoot back into your home leaving your walls, furnishings, carpets and many other household items, coated in a difficult-to-remove film. The explosion of soot brings to the forefront an underlying, usually simple, problem with the mechanics of your furnace such as a valve or filter in need of replacement.
However, even though the mechanical fix may be relatively simple, you won’t realize just how many things can be affected in your home by a puff back until you have one happen. The soot somehow finds a way into the smallest nooks and spaces of your home leaving you with a very difficult mess to clean up.
The best thing for you to do in this situation is to call in the professionals. The soot and debris are not only hard to clean up but may be dangerous without the proper knowledge due to the chemicals released during the explosion.
SERVPRO has a very unique, hands-on approach to dealing with puff backs which we tailor to every incident. If a puff back occurs on a porous material/surface, for example, then we are able to perform a more abrasive wet-cleaning process. However, if the soot has landed on a non-porous material/surface, then our highly-trained techs will spend the time strenuously cleaning your walls and surfaces with a dry sponge ensuring that everything in your home returns to its pre-damage condition.
Some things you may be able to do to prevent a puff back include;
- Ensuring your oil-heating system is free of dust and debris
- Inspect and provide service to your heating system before you need to use it
- If you hear strange noises or begin to see any soot residue around your furnace, call your heating company immediately
If you are unable to perform those steps or if you find yourself standing in an inch-deep pile of soot and debris, call SERVPRO today and we’ll send our crews out to make it, “like it never even happened!”