Look What the Cat Dragged In! Mold?
Mold is everywhere.
No, that is not an exaggeration. Spores of mold are microscopic entities floating in the air which can enter your home or business through a cracked window, open door, AC/heating system and possibly on your pet.
One good thing to keep in mind about mold, however, is that not all molds are dangerous and can be present without causing harm. Mold remediation is useful for those who are prone to allergies or when mold is discovered in a densely populated building such as a school.
There are, however, certain types of mold that must be removed immediately. Black mold, for instance, can be potentially harmful but it does emit an indistinguishable, fowl smell that can lead a professional right to its source!
It is important to begin remediation quickly. SERVPRO follows a strict process to effectively remove mold from an affected area.
- Mold Containment-the affected area is sealed shut as to not release spores
- Air Filtration-cleaning the air of spores
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials-some materials must be thrown away
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- HEPA processes -used to remove mold/mold spores, clean and seal.
Check out our mold remediation section to learn more about the process and mold in general.