SERVPRO Safety Tips (Carbon Monoxide)
Carbon Monoxide (CO), the colorless and odorless gas that takes roughly 500 people every year, poisons people the most during the winter months. Spreading often due to the usage of gas furnaces, cars, charcoal grills, propane stoves and portable generators — which can be contributed to the cold weather — CO “sends at least 15,000 Americans to the emergency room” (WebMd).
To prevent carbon monoxide in your homes or businesses, consider these options:
- If you are using a fireplace or plan on having some type of fire in an enclosed space, make sure you allow the smoke and other toxic fumes emitted by fire to be vented to the outside.
- Do not run vehicles inside confined spaces (ex. Garages).
- Do not try to heat your home or business using a stove.
- If you are using generators, grills or any other gas/oil burning machines, do not use them inside your homes or businesses. While outside, though, keep them away from windows.
- Have a Carbon Monoxide detector installed in your home/business
If you have already been affected by Carbon Monoxide, call your local SERVPRO franchise to have our certified technicians clear out the gasses from your property!
- Content by Rob D'Emilio Jr.
Hydroxyl Generator Systems
To ensure that our products rise above our competitors, SERVPRO steadily offers the best pieces of technology when it comes to fire, water, smoke and odor restoration. Resting among other top deodorization systems that SERVPRO provides are Hydroxyls.
Using green technology, Hydroxyls are the industry’s most advanced solution for purifying the air, decontaminating contents and surfaces, as well as eliminating stubborn odors. Hydroxyls, in nature, are molecules that are created in Earth’s atmosphere, which are the byproduct of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and water vapor.
Due to their bacteria killing qualities, they play a critical role in removing viruses and mold, often being referred to as the “detergent” of the atmosphere. Hydroxyls also take part in breaking down volatile organic compounds (VOCs), gases, vapors, chemical fumes and unpleasant odors.
These patented systems use UV technology provided by Odorex, which are scientifically confirmed, field proven and disruptive to all conventional deodorization and cleaning technologies.
While SERVPRO continues to enhance our products, we continue serving our communities with pride, offering the best restoration services across the country. If you are in need of deodorization services or would like to learn more about our products, contact your local SERVPRO today!
- Content by Rob D'Emilio Jr.
SERVPRO - Building Emergency Services
Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Upper Bucks can help with all of your building emergencies.
SERVPRO is Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Need Emergency Service?
Call Now 215-536-7989
A Fast Response Is Crucial
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency.
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.