Preparing Your Family for an Emergency
Have You Planned?
Preparing Your Home for an Emergency
Have you ever stopped to wonder what it is like for those who have suffered the loss of everything they own and love in a home fire? Have you ever wondered what it would like be if it were you?
If you have stopped to think about the impact a fire or other related emergency could have on you and your family, then you’re a step ahead! If not, it is time to start emergency planning now because the best thing you can be in the event of an emergency is, prepared.
It is important to keep in mind every second counts and having a plan in place could mean the difference between life and death.
Here are some tips to help properly prepare:
- Plan and practice your emergency escape route
- Locate all known and potential exits from your home
- Purchase a home fire extinguisher and store it in a safe, easy-to-locate place
- Install and properly maintain a smoke detector
- Ask your local fire department to inspect your home for fire safety
In addition to the steps mentioned above, SERVPRO offers an Emergency Ready Profile for your home or business. This profile contains all important information such as water and gas shut off locations and key contacts in one convenient location.
If you are interested in getting your home ready for a possible emergency, call us today! (215)-536-7989.